I’ve been doing front-end code for a Cordova/PhoneGap app. Despite the whole debate on Native vs. HTML5/hybrid, there are just some projects wherein I have no say when it comes to the client’s preferred language to use (I agree that 100% Native code is better, but like I said, the decision isn’t mine to make).
On the bright side, I’m learning a lot of things when it comes to coding mobile HTML and making apps with Cordova/PhoneGap, so I might as well do my best on my first project (and do better on the next).
Some resources that I found useful
- A Beginner’s Guide to Perceived Performance
- The Pains and Remedies of Android HTML5
- Crossing Platforms between iOS and Android. Extending PhoneGap project
- Essential PhoneGap CSS: WebKit Tap Highlight Color
- Remove Gray Highlight When Tapping Links in Mobile Safari
- FancyScroll.js: Add an iOS/Android Overflow Scroll Effect
Other interesting things to check out